Benefits of being a Douglas County Employee
As a vital partner in Douglas County’s success, we offer a comprehensive employee benefits package with many choices for greater flexibility. Here is a brief summary of the benefit plans available to Douglas County employees. In general, if you elect benefits for you and any eligible dependents, coverage begins on the first day of the month following one month of employment. Part-time employees receive a pro-rated benefits package.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
02 Retirement Plan
- 401(a), 457 Tax-Deferred Plans
- Up to 13% Match for Commissioned Employees
- Up to 11% Match for Civilian Employees
03 Paid Leave
- 15.67 – 21.67 Hours Accrued per Month for Essential and Commissioned Employees
- 8 – 14 Hours Accrued per Month and Paid Holidays for Non-Essential Employees
- 8 Hours Accrued per Month for all Employees
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan.
- Supplemental Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability buy-up, Accident Insurance, and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Wellness Program – Peer Support, Chaplain Services, Medical Services (Psychological, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, Hormonal Therapy, Physical Therapy), Financial Resources, and Estate Planning.
- View the 2023 Employee Guide to Benefits for further detail