The mission of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office-Investigations Division is to effectively, ethically and professionally investigate serious criminal complaints and to focus on excellence in the preparation of those cases referred to the District Attorney for prosecution.
Detectives and Civilian staff within the Investigations Division work cohesively to further investigate criminal activity and provide justice and resolution to the victims of those crimes.
Commissioned and Civilian assignments within the Investigations Division:
- Persons Crimes Unit
- Financial Crimes unit
- Special Victims/Juvenile Unit
- Cold Case Unit
- Property Crimes/Auto Theft Unit
- Impact Unit
- Special Investigations Unit
- Task Force Unit (FBI, JTTF, DEA, MGTF, FRTF)
- Victims Assistance
- Crime Lab/Crime Scene Investigations
- Property Technicians